JUST IN: Gas explosion injures four in Lagos

Following a gas explosion in the Agege neighbourhood of Lagos State, four people—three women and one man—have suffered various injuries.

It was learned that the event happened early on Monday morning next to the Apostolic Church in Agege.

One of the cylinders was alleged to have leaked, causing the explosion to come from a petrol store.

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) reports that rescuers were able to stop the succeeding fire from spreading to neighbouring stores and other structures.

Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, the Permanent Secretary of LASEMA, who confirmed the event, said the victims had second-degree burns and had been rushed to the hospital for care.

“No loss of life. However, four adults (three females) and an adult male sustained various degrees of injuries (second degree burns) as a result of the incident and have been attended to by the agency’s pre hospital care, alongside LASAMBUS .

“The victims have also been moved to Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH.

“The inferno has been completely put out by the combined effort of LASEMA LRT, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service.

“A post incident assessment was conducted by the agency’s LRT alongside LASG Fire. The shop has been cordoned to avert secondary incident. The operation had been concluded,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *